Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reflections...

The writing of my Opinion Editorial went well.  I spent a large amount of time on it, and it paid off.  I wish that I had grabbed more statistics, but other than that I felt my paper was coherent, cohesive, and grammatically sound.  I rewrote a few of the paragraphs enough to organize my paper well, and I was able to focus on a specific enough topic to make the paper strong.

Writing Lab-
I received a lot of help from the writing lab.  The girl I worked with (Heather) was a senior with a lot of experience and a big brain.  She helped me to organize my paper better as well as help the sentences flow better.  Although I spent time trying to find it/printing out a paper/waiting in line, it was definitely worth my time.



Peer Review-
This went well.  I was able to have Tanner look over my paper and critique it so that I understood I needed to clarify my points and organize the entire paper better.  It was good to have a second opinion (other than my own) about the paper and get different viewpoints. It also gave me opportunity to read my paper out loud and understand the wording I needed to change.  

Understanding of the topic-
To research the topic, I spent a lot of time online this week and last.  This unintentionally built up my anger, which was the topic of my paper.  I was able to gather information from outside sources as well as from my own experience...  I learned a lot in the process.



This is me and a mirror.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the writing center was helpful too! While it was kind of a pain to go over there, the help they gave me was so useful. I think I'll go even when it isn't required.

    ReplyDelete