Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Figurative Language in Mitt Romney's Blog

Mitt Romney uses Figurative Language to relate his blog post about religion to the American people.

Overstatement
"But, now, more than two centuries after the drafting of the Bill of Rights, religious liberty is facing the most serious assault in generations."
By saying it's "the most serious assault in generations" Romney is able to convince the casual reader that the problem of a contraception mandate is horrible.

Imagery
"And accompanying the moral principle came the social principle that only religious liberty could ensure tranquility in a new land composed of men and women of differing faiths."
(One is given an image of an American Dreamland)
Romney uses images about America and it's founding.  This helps the reader understand more about why he should vote for Romney.

This is Romney's American Flag
(This is for you, Owen)

5 comments:

  1. Am I missing something because Romney's American Flag looks like the actual American Flag? I feel like a missed a joke or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's a generic American Flag. No humor intended. I just felt that it would be appropriate to post a flag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quotes you picked. The overstatement quote is a really good example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there was no joke behind the American flag cuz I was feeling kind of like an idiot when I couldn't find anything wrong with it....haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Katelynn
    Thanks! Sorry I forgot to reply...
    -Ky
    Random. No story behind it

    ReplyDelete