Monday, January 23, 2012

Logos, Ethos, Pathos

I am writing the Logos, Ethos, and Pathos of my Opinion Editorial.  Right now.

Logos-logic
I am using one or two different news articles about using the computer for prolonged periods of time to strengthen my argument.  This will give my opinion credibility.  I talk about the loss of social skills from internet exposure and explain how that works.  I am telling people to get off of the computer because communicating physically contains more of a conversation.

Pathos-emotion
I am saying that when one is on the internet too long, they lose there sense of communication.  People need to spend time with others in order to develop friendships and interact with the real world.  I am appealing to the human desire for interaction and its benefits.  I am describing how mean people can be online and how this is detrimental to the rest of the online community.  Therefore, people should go offline to not hurt others.

Ethos-authority
I'm a doctor.  Wait, no.  I spend long periods of time on the internet, I experience these "anger" symptoms myself.  I am in the appropriate 18-30 year old category of people who spend way too much time online.  I know what is going on in society, I'm a freshman at college with plenty of interaction.

Funny quote of the day: [dang] it man!  I'm a doctor not a physicist!  -Star Trek

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a strong, well-rounded paper! I think you have a really interesting argument and am excited to read more about it!
    P.S. Love the quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm super excited to write it! And it's a good quote.

    ReplyDelete