Friday, January 27, 2012

Hey... thoughts on life.

So this is it.  My moment of freedom.  My one chance to do something big, unrestricted from Husberg's tyranny.  I can post anything I want.  Anything.  I could talk about my feelings on the 2012 election.  Or I could explain why visiting hours should be longer.  Or I could write a romantic love song and share the video on here for all to see.  This unrestricted power is getting to my head.  I could become a king! Or a football player! Or a spaceman! Or a football-playing king in space!  And all of these options can be obtained through this blog post.  This very one.  Barack Obama could be randomly online and find this post.  This means that I have to make sure that this blog post is grand and amazing.  The very best, in fact.

I will write of the toils and troubles of the American working class!  Yes, that will be enough.  I will use so many facts, articles, and graphs so that all will know of the struggles of the American man.  I will use ethos, logos, and pathos so boldly and so brashly that Obama will have to side with me!  My rhetoric will be immaculate!  My grammar?  Divine.  I will write a blog post greater than Shakespeare, Dickens, and Meyer combined!

Oh how the people will love me.  It will be a truly amazing blog post.  I'll start writing it now...
...Actually I'm quite tired.  So instead I will post a picture of a cat.  Almost as good.

7 comments:

  1. your one shot at freedom and you blew it... kinda like that episode of Gilligan's Island where they find the phone cable but then Gilligan seals it up and puts it back in the water.... way to go haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, that is exactly how my brain functions when I am told, “write about anything.” Before I knew it, I was tired and I figured that if I didn’t write something last night, I would forget to write about something this morning. So, to hustle before all power failed in my head, I swiftly looked across news feeds and YouTube until I found something that caught my eye. Once the publish button was pressed, the main power breaker slammed down and it was good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex-I had one shot... and I blew it. Oh well, I guess there are plenty of other things I could write about.
    Owen-I thought I would post something really intellectually stimulating. I posted this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad, you'll be back under my tyrannical thumb on Monday. But the cat picture? So worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of the cat was classic. I too, was like "I can write about so many things" but when it came around to it, nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat creeps me out. And I'm about to go to sleep so if I get nightmares I'm blaming you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It appears that you commenters have mixed pictures of the cat. Apparently I will have to post dolphins instead.

    ReplyDelete